Sunday, February 5, 2012

All I Do is Lose, Lose, Lose.

Lately I've been all hot and heavy with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. With its combination flashy graphics, compelling gameplay, and sheer volume of things to do, it's easy to get completely lost in the game. However, I'm certain that over time, it'll lose its luster and I'll move on to the next big thing.

However, there's another game in my life that seems to hold a permanent spot in the rotation. I've been playing it for years with no intention of stopping. No, it's not World of Warcraft or some other soul-sucking MMO. It's Mario Kart DS. 

Five days a week for the past three years my coworkers and I have dedicated the last 20 minutes or so of each lunch break to our highly contested, ongoing Mario Kart DS super series. This points race has been going on for so long that two new Mario Kart games have been released since we started. When we started racing, Sarah Palin hadn't yet seen Russia from her house. When we started racing, Beyonce hadn't yet put a ring on it. You get the picture.

Just for kicks, I checked my win/loss record and was a little disappoint at what I saw. It turns out that the game can't count up to 10,000. (What an absurd thing to complain about.) As such, it's only counting losses. Maybe I should go on an ice-cold losing streak just to max out my stats?



No comments:

Post a Comment